
Die Swimming Doctors sind gut vorbereitet
und doch ist es eine Zeit mit vielen Hindernissen. Unser Medical Team gibt sich größte Mühe, die Patienten zu versorgen - mit Umsicht und vielen Vorsichtsmaßnahmen. Im Delta von Myanmar sind bisher keine Infektionen bekannt, trotzdem sind alle vorsichtig und unsicher. In einigen Dörfern sind wir willkommen, in anderen ist man zurückhaltend, weil das Schiff aus Yangon kommt. In der großen Stadt ist das Alltagsleben weitgehend zum Erliegen gekommen. Fabriken, Hotels und Restaurants haben geschlossen - Schulen sowieso, es sind noch Ferien. Wir müssen flexibel reagieren und unsere Arbeit den wechselnden Bedingungen anpassen. Hier ist der Bericht vom Schiff:
Dear All, at this moment, the government already announced that 177 patients are found with COVID-19, most are from Yangon and 6 patients are dead. So, whoever come from Yangon have to take quarantine. Naing, Dr. Nay and I already meet Township Admin Officers and Township medical officer for permission of healthcare activities this moment. We also explained and showed photos of our hygiene procedure. They liked our procedure, but they said that the permission of our healthcare activities is beyond of their authority. They explained that we need to apply them first and then they will report Division level who have authority for the permission. They told that we have to pause our healthcare activities until we got the special permission of healthcare activities from Division during COVID -19 pandemic. So, we applied letter work again from district level to Division level to get the permission. We did not know yet how many days will be Long. Moreover, before getting the permission letter, the ship must harbour in Ayeyarwady division and all staffs must be on ship like quarantine on ship because we come from Yangon ( Botataung Township, red zone of COVID-19 area). So, we all have to stay on the boat like quarantine until we got the permission for healthcare activities. We already pause our healthcare activities now. Now, we are facing the same problem Like I expected, mentioned and wrote to all of you during first week of April (when we returned back to Yangon). So, we all have to wait and push the Division officer to get the permission in a few week. I expect that we will get the permission in this month if infected condition in Myanmar is in good condition. If we get the permission in this month, we can run our activities smoothly in coming months. I do hope and wish that no more infected patients are found. Regarding River Doctors boat. they cannot run the activities in this month and they are also still waiting the permission. We only can run 7 days and could treated around 400 patients in this month. Let see and wait for good things for everything in future.With best wishes, Dr. Min Naing
Dear All, at this moment, the government already announced that 177 patients are found with COVID-19, most are from Yangon and 6 patients are dead. So, whoever come from Yangon have to take quarantine. Naing, Dr. Nay and I already meet Township Admin Officers and Township medical officer for permission of healthcare activities this moment. We also explained and showed photos of our hygiene procedure. They liked our procedure, but they said that the permission of our healthcare activities is beyond of their authority. They explained that we need to apply them first and then they will report Division level who have authority for the permission. They told that we have to pause our healthcare activities until we got the special permission of healthcare activities from Division during COVID -19 pandemic. So, we applied letter work again from district level to Division level to get the permission. We did not know yet how many days will be Long. Moreover, before getting the permission letter, the ship must harbour in Ayeyarwady division and all staffs must be on ship like quarantine on ship because we come from Yangon ( Botataung Township, red zone of COVID-19 area). So, we all have to stay on the boat like quarantine until we got the permission for healthcare activities. We already pause our healthcare activities now. Now, we are facing the same problem Like I expected, mentioned and wrote to all of you during first week of April (when we returned back to Yangon). So, we all have to wait and push the Division officer to get the permission in a few week. I expect that we will get the permission in this month if infected condition in Myanmar is in good condition. If we get the permission in this month, we can run our activities smoothly in coming months. I do hope and wish that no more infected patients are found. Regarding River Doctors boat. they cannot run the activities in this month and they are also still waiting the permission. We only can run 7 days and could treated around 400 patients in this month. Let see and wait for good things for everything in future.With best wishes, Dr. Min Naing