Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2020

swimming doctors student´s report


Dear Prof. Mutschler, 
I'm Dr. Zay Naw Soe, a student of Stiftunglife from Myanmar. I just have finished medical school. Now, I'm waiting to attend the graduation ceremony on 29th Feb, 2020. Before graduation, I got a chance to participate as a volunteer onboard swimming doctor 3. Mission was started on 2nd Jan 2020. We reached 8 Villages that were fixed monthly by water course. Firstly, a doubt about on each mission came to my mind is ` is SD3 effective for the patients with chronic diseases?´ My thought was wrong. The boat landed Villages and Patients came to onboard clinic with their chief complaints, anxiety about thier feelings, sadness, scarring about thier diseases and financial problems also. SD 3 is essential for their lives. Two Doctors who are experienced, ethical, kind-hearted are very proficient in their profession. Patients were treated by international guidelines. Prescribed medications for 1 month until next visit for chronic diseases eg. DM and Hypertension. Health care services- Charity Health Care. I learned from my seniors how to approach a patient, counselling skills, treatments and follow up. I also got a great chance for some basic useful essential skills in Vision Test for longsightness & shortsightness, also ultrasonography on abdomen and obstetrics. During this mission, we arrived 5 schools to give health education, basic general medical & dental check-up, to give treatment also. School health activities which are involved in our country revitalization are one of our national needs. Although SD 3 is the onboard mobile clinic, lad blood tests, USG and mini operation theatre are available. These are  very important and supportive for the patients around. Dr. Than used to held CME on the way to the next Village. I discussed about one topic - `Diabetes Mellitus´ & had a great moment. Crew Team - very friendly and closed with us and helped us everything we need. They were very united in team work. We met Dr. Lueders ( Psychiatrist ) and got lessons about psychiatri . We had a happy moment during sight seeing in the evening. In conclusion, SD3 is very effective for our people in Irrawaddy delta.I enjoyed about 3 weeks on Swimming Doctor 3 like my home and family. Thanks a lot from my heart to onboard medical team and crew team. Special thanks to Kyi Khin !! She suggested, encouraged and booked us to prove this precious memorable chance.  Now, I'm at my home. When I wake up in the morning, I feel  memory of SD3 onboard past sufferings. Million thanks to Prof. Wolf for your supports to our develoving country. 
With Loves, Zay Naw Soe