Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2015

Zwei gute Nachrichten


Heute gleich zwei gute Nachrichten von den swimming doctors. Die erste: wir haben jetzt täglich Kontakt mit dem Schiff. Khu Khu - auf dem Foto ganz links in rosa - schickt uns täglich Berichte direkt vom Schiff und heute sogar ein Foto, mit dem die ganze Crew uns alle herzlich grüßt. Die zweite gute Nachricht hat auch etwas mit der verbesserten Internetverbindung zu tun und einem interessierten jungen Arzt - auf dem Foto der fünfte von links - der sich mit medizinischen Fragen an die deutschen Kollegen wendet, so wie hier:

Hello Dr. Potthoff, I want to tell you about apatient is about 18 years old with cyanotic congenital heart disease. Her mother told me that some German doctors already seen this patient. Their comment is that she is not fit for operation. So, please adivse me how to improve her health. On arriving, her general condation was well.she told me that she felt dyspnoea sometimes. But her oxygen saturation was about 66 percent on air. I gave her oxygen, i adjusted her medication that she took regularly. It is possible that we cannot go to this village on our next next misson because of new bridge across the river..I need some suggestion from u, my sir.  Best regards, Dr. Saw 

Hello! Dr. Saw Lynn Htet, Yes I saw the young girl last year. I remember we startet a treatment with a Beta-Blocker. You can give C... oder P... (here 2-3 mg per Kilogramm). You have to start slowly an rise the dosis every week about 0.5 mg per Kilogramm. That would help a long time. You can save the status over years. The patients with this kind of heartfailure can reach an age of 40-50 years. It is important to have no additonal risks(for example to be pregnant). The best way of treatment ist the operation und that is possible in every age. I don´t now, whether its is possible in Myanmar. I hope i could help. If you have more questions, i´am on your side. Best regards, Dr. Ludger